Happy Holidays

So I'm reading through SGT M.'s Blog (of Bob on the FOB fame) and I have had an epiphany. Even though I'm in a combat zone, several thousand miles from everyone I love, during the holiday season, there is still some things to be thankful for (in no particular order):
I'm thankful I didn't have to go to the Christmas Party that he's talking about.
I'm thankful I didn't have to listen to a quote-un-quote D.J. play music that only a small portion of people actually enjoy. (I believe I'll write another post about that issue at some point ...)
I’m thankful for a world that has Milla in it.
Ok, ok, now here is the real list of things I’m thankful for:
I’m thankful that, once again, I’m lucky enough to have a supervisor that will allow me to do my job without getting in the way (too much, anyways).
I’m thankful that, even though I’ve been in more dangerous situations in the past few years than I am comfortable with, I’m still happy and healthy.
I’m thankful that I was lucky enough to find a woman that can actually stand to be around me, and tolerates, if not enjoys, most of the things I do.
I’m thankful for good friends and good brothers-in-arms. (The photo above is of a couple of guys I work with right now. I will miss them when I move.)
And finally I’m thankful that, as George Orwell said, "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night while rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
My thanks to all my fellow soldiers, who defend not only our fellow Americans, but my family and I. Good luck and God Speed.
Merry Christmas, everyone.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home