A Quick Thank You
I recently received several packages from the good people at Operation: Military Pride. Now, the responsible thing to do would be to send a thank you to each and every person who was kind enough to send things to me and other Soldiers. Unfortunately, I simply don’t have the gumption to do that. What can I say, folks? I don’t write thank you letters to my own family (sorry, family!), so getting up the motivation to write these people is beyond me. That being said, this is an open letter to all of them and you.
Thanks for the items you have sent to me and my fellow Soldiers. I/We appreciate everything you have sent to us. I personally get the most enjoyment out of the food items and socks. The Post Exchange doesn’t always stock good food, and getting to the chow hall on a regular basis is often difficult. And, I can always use more socks! You’d be surprised how quickly socks wear out or get uncomfortable.
Thanks for the DVDs, magazines, puzzle books, card games, hand held video games, cookies, letters, cards, candy, and everything else that has been sent. I speak for all of us when I say getting a box when you’re not expecting it and seeing the time and effort that you all have put into it brings a feeling of pride, and knowing that you all care enough to support us is great!
So, in conclusion, Thanks!
(See why I don’t write letters very often?)
:- )
Thanks for the items you have sent to me and my fellow Soldiers. I/We appreciate everything you have sent to us. I personally get the most enjoyment out of the food items and socks. The Post Exchange doesn’t always stock good food, and getting to the chow hall on a regular basis is often difficult. And, I can always use more socks! You’d be surprised how quickly socks wear out or get uncomfortable.
Thanks for the DVDs, magazines, puzzle books, card games, hand held video games, cookies, letters, cards, candy, and everything else that has been sent. I speak for all of us when I say getting a box when you’re not expecting it and seeing the time and effort that you all have put into it brings a feeling of pride, and knowing that you all care enough to support us is great!
So, in conclusion, Thanks!
(See why I don’t write letters very often?)
:- )


1 Comments:
I'm really glad to hear that our support means so much to you guys. I personally am a part of that organization and I am so proud of all of you... Just know that there are a LOT of people on the homefront who are very proud of our military. Stay safe, and once again, thank you for all the sacrifices you have made, will make, and are making for the benefit of others. God bless.
http://www.operationmilitarypride.org
Post a Comment
<< Home