Reaffirmed belief in our civilization:
I have a reaffirmed belief in our civilization. How did this happen, you ask? Not through any large (or small) scale change in any person or persons here. Not because someone in the unit has suddenly developed a little common freaking courtesy (see my Thank You Letter). To tell the truth, people are still people no matter what. And getting the minority of inconsiderate bastards to wake up and face their actions is just as difficult as always. But I digress.
Mrs. USGP sent me a care package the other day. Now this was a particularly good care package, in that it had all my favorite things. Microwave meals, OJ, Arizona Tea, newly released DVDs, etc. But what's this? Great Googa Mooga! I have been "out of the net" for a while, I'll admit. But when did we develop self-heating coffee drinks? I mean, Good Golly Miss Molly!!! And it was good!
This has reaffirmed my faith in humanity. If we can develop self-heating coffee, there is no way we can fail. Nope. This is the pinnacle of civilization. All of human history has led to this moment. Greatest invention ever. The wheel? A footnote. Sliced bread? Come on.
Aliens will arrive, be astounded by our mastery of the self-heating coffee, and cower before us.
Ok, so maybe I'm a little over-enthusiastic about this little device. But who can blame me? Really?
Later Folks!


1 Comments:
If it is the coffee I'm thinking about that you are talking about, you have been out of the loop for a while. And deprived too, cause that stuff is NASTY & GROSS. Can you say EWW!!! Try some regular Folgers it's so much better.
Post a Comment
<< Home