Another thought on Work Ethics
Ok, so here comes today’s rant:
Why, for the love of all that’s holy, do we have a tech section person sitting in a cubicle all night, with an hours board that states their hours are from 0900-1700 (5:00 pm) sitting in front of the entrance to their cubicle?!? (Just for clarification, this is just something that angered me as I was walking by, not because I needed anything from them.)
Why am I sitting in a cubicle that has room for eight, alone, for 9 hours, when anything that could come up that would involve my section or me, could (and has) waited until morning? For goodness sake, I’ve found out about half the issues I’ve worked on in the morning when NB came in.
Why is it that I went to all the trouble of cleaning the latrine yesterday night/yesterday morning, because it was my section’s turn (imagine 5 toilets with 50-60 people using each of them on a daily basis, and me without my “biohazard” suit (just kidding, I don’t have one, yet. I will, oh yes, one day I will), and yet when I walk in there this morning, I can’t breathe from the fumes of crap and can’t step without grinding the sand into the tiles?
Why is it that I watch a commissioned officer (think Captain) drop his trash bag in the can in the shower trailer, knowing that he had to have walked past a dumpster on his way there, or would walk past one on his way back? And yet, when I make a remark to that effect, I get looked at like I’m on crack?
Ok, enough ranting, back to happy subjects. Bob has written some pretty funny stuff on his blog and I would recommend you look at it. You know, Bob has put up a sign in our hooch stating that it is a no-blogging zone and that anything that happens there is not fit for posting. Smart guy, that Bob.
Have a good day, such as it will be.
Why, for the love of all that’s holy, do we have a tech section person sitting in a cubicle all night, with an hours board that states their hours are from 0900-1700 (5:00 pm) sitting in front of the entrance to their cubicle?!? (Just for clarification, this is just something that angered me as I was walking by, not because I needed anything from them.)
Why am I sitting in a cubicle that has room for eight, alone, for 9 hours, when anything that could come up that would involve my section or me, could (and has) waited until morning? For goodness sake, I’ve found out about half the issues I’ve worked on in the morning when NB came in.
Why is it that I went to all the trouble of cleaning the latrine yesterday night/yesterday morning, because it was my section’s turn (imagine 5 toilets with 50-60 people using each of them on a daily basis, and me without my “biohazard” suit (just kidding, I don’t have one, yet. I will, oh yes, one day I will), and yet when I walk in there this morning, I can’t breathe from the fumes of crap and can’t step without grinding the sand into the tiles?
Why is it that I watch a commissioned officer (think Captain) drop his trash bag in the can in the shower trailer, knowing that he had to have walked past a dumpster on his way there, or would walk past one on his way back? And yet, when I make a remark to that effect, I get looked at like I’m on crack?
Ok, enough ranting, back to happy subjects. Bob has written some pretty funny stuff on his blog and I would recommend you look at it. You know, Bob has put up a sign in our hooch stating that it is a no-blogging zone and that anything that happens there is not fit for posting. Smart guy, that Bob.
Have a good day, such as it will be.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home